BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Cracking My Cover!

Announcement!  I no longer teach at a Christian school so I'm free to write about anything I want.  Isn't that great?!  I don't have to restrict myself anymore.  I can write about how I actually love gay people and support gay people and can do it now without being afraid I'll lose my job!  That's why it's been so long between posts.  I didn't want to stir the waters, rock the boat, ruffle any feathers. Alarm anyone.  So I didn't keep writing.  And I've been really sad about it.

I loved working with the kids--love them so much--but the one thing I really didn't like was feeling like I had to suppress my views on controversial subjects.  Keep my heart hidden.  Which is difficult for me because I'm...at least I used to be, a really open book.

But now, now I'm free to express myself!  The school I was employed by is seeking accreditation and wants to hire only certified teachers, and I'm not certified.  So they did not renew my contract for this year.  And I'm glad! Well, I'm not thrilled with having to search for another job....but maybe now I can find a job that I'm even better suited for.  Maybe now I can do something even closer to my heart.  I really knew when I took this job that it wasn't my favorite, my dream job.  I have settled....compromised....stifled myself.

No more!  Now I want to really get out there and help people that other Christians are afraid of.  Get into some messy stuff.  Controversial stuff!  Jesus stuff.

So....I guess you could say I'm coming out!

0 comments: