BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Belated Update

Once again I'm guilty of blog-neglect.  Guilty.  And once again I vow to keep going.

I have two excuses, neither of which are good.  A) I'm too busy.  B) I'm afraid.

*hangs head in shame*

Now I won't belabor the excuses, and the ridiculousness of same.  Instead I choose to quiet myself and be brave.

Okay, so moving on...

I last wrote about Daniel and The Great Disappointment.  Here's the follow-up:

I will no doubt get some of the details wrong because this was eight months ago (geez.) but when Daniel returned to Omaha, and to Luke, he of course was still hurting. And they talked about it, I'm sure a lot.  Well guess what?  I'm so proud of both of them--Luke told him he must forgive them.

Yes! You read that right!  Luke.....who obviously is also GAY....tells Daniel to forgive the Christian friends who hurt him.

Amazing.

He told him that for better or worse, there are some people who will always be in our lives. So forgive them.  Daniel, who has always been quick to forgive, did just that.  He sent the bride a FB message saying that he saw her wedding pictures and that she looked beautiful in her wedding dress.  He said he hoped his gift hadn't been too lame (he still had not received a thank you or even an acknowledgement).

I am SO PROUD of my son.  Then he sent me a text telling me about it all and saying that I can forgive them now too because he'd received a nice message.  "How nice?" I asked.  He forwarded it to me.

I read it and didn't respond. Because I didn't want to interfere with his peace. But I didn't find it nice enough. Not at all.  It was just -- in my opinion -- an obligatory "hey! thanks! we love you! response in order to not be rude. AGAIN.

But what matters is that Daniel and Luke have the right attitude. They have the right heart, beautiful hearts. Forgiving hearts. Hearts with unconditional love.

Which is what he should have received from his former Christian family. For shame.

0 comments: